• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Faeelin

Banned
79 Badges
Dec 15, 2001
Visit site
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • For The Glory
  • Heir to the Throne
  • March of the Eagles
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Victoria 2
The Children of Napoleon
An Anglophobe Production

coronationnapoleon.jpg

In 1808, Napoleon invaded Spain, deposing the Bourbons and beginning the Peninsular War. Although imagining he would be greeted as a liberator, the Peninsular War marked the downfall of his empire, bleeding the Grand Armee, scaring the Austrians into launching the War of the Fifth Coalition, opening Latin American markets to the British even as the Continental System was starting to have an effect, and, ultimately, sowing the downfall of his defeat.

But what if he hadn't? What if Napoleon had contended himself with installing Ferdinand as King, placing a pliant Bourbon on the throne? Even historically, 1812 was a year of crisis for Britain, as it risked going broke and was threatened at home by a wave of luddites. Without the Latin American markets and the success of the Penninsular War, would Britain have been forced to make a compromise peace? And if so, to what end?

It is now 1836, and 24 years have passed since the Peace of Copenhagen. The Great Powers have mostly kept the peace. But for how long? Can Napoleon II maintain his father's Empire? Or will it collapse onto the ash heap of history?

diplomaticmapeurope.jpg

The Spanish Empire in the new World has staggered on, with cadet branches of the family installed upon the thrones of Peru and New Grenada. But Mexico chafes under "King Ferdinand I", and is ruled from Madrid. In the South, Juan I of the House of Bernadotte rules the Kingdom of La Plata, and poses a threat to the Bourbon Empire. While Peru is riven by conflict between Creoles, Peninsulares, and Indios, Bernadotte's kingdom is a firm British ally [1] and poised for greatness. To the north, the United States looks upon the decaying Spanish Empire. Leery of French or British involvement, it dreams of ushering in a free America, from pole to frozen pole.

southaamericawsatellite.jpg

northamerica.jpg

Meanwhile, Karl Marx, born in the French Rhineland, pens his thoughts on class struggle amidst the coal fields of Wallonia. French military advisors are cajoling Ranjit Singh into invading the Punjab. Tsar Constantine has just issued an edict to free the serfs. And it has been 20 years since Stamford Raffles seized Deshima, opening Tokugawa Japan to the outside world.

[1] Somebody complained that I was being too rigid to history, and so missing out on a lot of fun ideas that just all happened to involve busting the kneecaps of the USA or Britain. But what can be more fun than Robert E. Lee duking it out with the Grand Empire before Mexico City?

This looks quite interesting. I hadn't noticed the mod was in such an advanced stage already.

Incidentally, what nation should I play? There are four choices:

1) Japan, which civilizes around 1842.

2) The Empire of France.

3) The USA.

4) The kingdom of Westphalia ----> the Confederation of the Rhine ----> Germany.

Subscribed. You can't do the first Napoleonic Mod AAR without being France IT IS TREASON!

It has to be France. The spider sitting in the middle of the web.

Play with France. And make it anglophober.
I don't know whether there was such a word as anglophober, but there definitely should be.
Humble the old she-ape (well, actually the young she-ape in 1836). Free Scotland and Ireland from the English shackles. Consider freeing Wales and Cornwall too if the game will allow it. Reclaim Quebec and India.
Make the bloody English pay for the seven and a half centuries of misery they inflicted upon the poor, peace loving, benign French

Good luck

Play with France. And make it anglophober.
I don't know whether there was such a word as anglophober, but there definitely should be.
Humble the old she-ape (well, actually the young she-ape in 1836). Free Scotland and Ireland from the English shackles. Consider freeing Wales and Cornwall too if the game will allow it. Reclaim Quebec and India.
Make the bloody English pay for the seven and a half centuries of misery they inflicted upon the poor, peace loving, benign French

Your comment made me laugh, now I want to see you play as the British.

Nah seriously, go with France. but a post-napoleonic British AAR would still be nice, anyone?

France, naturally.:)

Aux Arms Citoyens,
Formez vos Battalions

And other such pro-France shenanigans.

Bring the glory of enlightenment and prosperity to all four corners of the world, and free the oppressed peoples still underneath the Ancien Regimes. I look forwards to this AAR, and now that I know there's a Napoleonic mod out there, I shall have to experiment.

+1 to France. If you play anything else, it'll be a travesty. You should help the Confederation of the Rhine form, just to show us, though.

As people have already said, to not play France in the first AAR with this mod would be ridiculous. That being said it does look like France might be overly easy ...

Still, go for the Frenchies!

I'm going to go against the grain here and say Japan, because there aren't enough Victoria II Japan AARS.